Step 1 – Looking for a Coop Project
Through this first step, you will define and choose as a team an idea that will be realized as a cooperative project.
- start working as a team, define and accept democratic rules
- see how cooperative values and principles can be translated into a business project
- think about cooperative project ideas that are adapted to your environment and decide together on a feasible common project idea.
1 Cooperatives values
Discover cooperatives values
- What does each of the cooperative values or principles mean in practice ?
- Can we give a definition and try imagining concrete example of their business implementation ?
- What can be the advantages of putting these values or principles into practice by establishing a cooperative business ? What can be the disadvantages ? Six good reasons to undertake a “coopworking enterprise” ?
Six good reasons to undertake in a worker cooperative
2 Cooperatives principles
Discover cooperatives principles
Cooperatives around the world follow the same principles adopted by the International Co-operative Alliance in 1995. Co-operative principles are guidelines through which cooperatives put their values into practice. You may want to start a business for many reasons: to realize your passion, to be useful to your community, to create meaningful work that responds to today’s social and environmental issues … To find your idea, you can learn from examples of those who have already made the choice to undertake a cooperative project.
Ready to test your acquired skills ?
Go to the island for cooperative projects and test your cooperative knowledge and validate your step.